Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Booking our Venue!

So we decided that we needed to drastically change our wedding guest list because of money and we cut our wedding down to 55 people. This also includes us and our wedding party. We also changed our venue to the Wiedemann Hill Mansion in Newport, KY. Though I'm sad we won't be getting married at our school, the cost of food was just not going to cut it and the venues would have been too much for the small amount of people that we have narrowed it down to.
      If you live in the Cincinnati area and are looking at having a small wedding, I highly recommend this house. It was built over 100 years ago, and almost everything is original. They include so many things I almost didn't believe it. My FI actually didn't believe it and made sure that we went to visit it. Totally good enough to believe. All we have to book is flower, food, and alchohol. They even do your music!
     Yes I'm sad that we won't be at our school anymore, this place is completely amazing and even gives a ridiculously awesome view of the city. This was the biggest selling point to me. I love this city, born and breed here and as of now, we have no intentions of leaving. Though school is a complete pain, I don't have time to study because my job has me working way too many hours so that is making it hard, but things starting to come together for the wedding make it worth it. I'm on my 9th day of work, and I get that lovely closing shift, and the one day I get off my poor pup has to go to the vet. AWESOME!
     On a lighter note, I submitted a story to Brides Magazine about my future mother-in-law and how hard she is being on us and....IT GOT ACCEPTED! How hilariously fantastic. Though I can't be too excited because if my future sis-in-law finds out so will my FMIL. The crazy thing is that now, my FFIL is paying for our rehearsal dinner(!!!!!) which we most definitely didn't think they would be doing. Maybe things are looking up!

That's all I have for now.

Happy Planning
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment