Saturday, August 13, 2011

Work vs. Nursing school

So. Not really wedding related, but this whole blog isn't about that.

     So I am about halfway through my first quarter in nursing school, and though it's hard, I love it. I'm already thinking about getting my CNP, which is even more schooling after already having my B.A. and this will by my A.S.N. which would follow with the bridge to the CNP masters. Lots of school.
     With that, I am not lucky enough to have my wonderful FI work a job well enough that I don't have to have a job while in school. We both out ourselves through our B.A. programs and have loan repayments coming soon. His more than mine. This makes it hard because no matter how busy I am with school, I HAVE to work. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy working, and like having money to spend (when I have a little left over after bills) but not having to work during school sounds like a dream come true. I decided this week that my hours needed to be cut. I don't think my boss was too excited, we had 2 women quit, and another took a family leave of absence so we are very short staffed. I feel bad, but then again I don't. I'm an adult and I am putting myself through this program as well. I know that work is important but I realize that school is my future and is more important. It's just hard to get over the fact that I know people are upset that I'm not working as much as I should be but I know they aren't paying my bills or taking my tests and that I have to be selfish or the next 2 years, and that's just not me

Sorry for the late night rant, it may not even make sense because I'm tired.lol

That's all for now

Happy Planning!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment