Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedding Background

The wedding background is simple and easy. My FI and I are planning on paying for 99% of the wedding. We chose this because we wanted to have all the say in our wedding and not feel like we need the approval of others for our big day. That being said, we are working hard to keep our budget at $10,000 with a guest list of roughly 140 people. Not that we don't love our families, we certainly do, they just don't happen to have the same vision we do.

This is our second time planning the wedding. We had first planned to get married this year, this past June in fact, and it ended up being more than he, and eventually I was willing to deal with. We called it off and it took us months to pick another date. After 5 years together, a 2 1/2 year engagement will be the least of our waiting. By the time our wedding rolls around we will have been together over 6 years, crazy, but all the seems to make our relationship into a marriage is a simple signature on paper.

Back to the budget. With the amount that we want to spend I have become Super Shopper. All our vases have come from Goodwill, Homegoods, St. Vincent de Paul. Nothing has been over $2.00 and a couple vases in the .20-.25 cent range. My aunt is making our invites as a wedding gift to us (AMAZING). We have purchased silver etched plates form the Dollar Tree (if you can tell they are a dollar, I'll pay for your wedding, lol). Our goal is to cut down the flower budget to MAYBE $200, hopefully not that high. We will also be having a half open/half cash bar. We love our friends, but can't possibly afford their drinking habits. My other tip? COUPONS COUPONS COUPONS! Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann Fabric, anything you can get your hands on. They have been a life saver. If you have a store around you call CHARMING CHARLIE, GO THERE! RIGHT NOW! GO! It's like accessory heaven. My girls will be carrying clutches instead of flowers, they were a whopping $6.00 a piece on mark down. Went to Jo-Ann Fabric got some vintage pearl buttons (with my COUPON) and for 5 it cost me $3.00.


Message from my post: Coupons! Duh.

Best Wishes and Happy Planning!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment