Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nursing School

I am starting nursing school next week to get my RN. I already have a B.A. in Political Science but the lovely government hiring freeze left my dreams of working in an immigration office in the dust until a time when our economy recovers. This left me scrambling, along with many of my friends, looking for our plan b. Mine was nursing school. After much consideration I enrolled. My ultimate goal when I'm done is to go into hematology/oncology and work with cancer patients, mainly breast cancer because it's hit a few women in my family. There is a passion, and it's what I'll be striving for.

The one thing I'll always hate about school, is buying the books. I worked in the bookstore in college along side my FI but the shock of books just never ceases to amaze me. Now that I'm buying science books it's even more money. Got to love it. I pay for school on my own, which now means paying for nursing school, all my other bills, and our wedding. It will be an interesting period until the big day is over!

Best wishes and happy planning!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment